Sunday, October 21, 2012

Steampunk Chronicles- The Girl in The Clockwork Collar

So, I finished reading this book a few days ago. And I must say, it's an amazing book! It certainly is one of my favourite series.

If you don't know, the first book is called 'The Girl in The Steel Corset'. It's a story about a girl named Finley who has a double personality. When she's angry or terrified, her "other side" appears, and she is violent and incredibly strong. One day, her master attacked her and she ran away after knocking him out. She was then found by the Duke of Greythorne- Griffin King. Griffin also has a special power and he helps her combine her two personalities. Other main characters are Sam, Emily and Jasper.

Anyway, in this book, the group travels to New York to save Jasper from a dangerous group. Jasper is held there against his will as the man is controlling Jasper's love interest- Mei. Mei is wearing a clockwork collar (as shown in the pic) which will be tightened if Jasper does anything wrong.

Well, I hope those little summaries did not give the story away. I liked this book because it's interesting and quite exciting. It is also set in the Victorian era, which I totally LOVE! The girl Finley is a strong female character as well. This is good, because I really hate weak female characters who can only plead for help. Griffin is also really cool! In fact, he's my fav character in this story. Even though he's a Duke, he's not overly arrogant in regard to his wealth. Well he is a bit arrogant, but what man isn't? Haha :D  I also love his power. I don't want to give away too much, but it's just really cool! This book particularly, has shown development in the characters. It's like they're on a journey to figure out who they are as a person, especially for Finley. I also love the villains in this book. They are interesting and you can't help but think they're cool even though they're evil. They're not over-the-top evil like in some stories, but they're still evil, if you get what I mean.

Anyway, if you love romance, adventure, and interesting powers, definetly give this book a try. It's totally worth it! I really can't wait for the third book!

No comments:

Post a Comment